Today was mommy's appt. 36 wks 1 day. Dad came along to go to the ultrasound first. The tech seemed worried and tried to arouse me by buzzing mom's belly but nothing happened. I wasn't responding or moving, just a heartbeat. She didn't like that. She checked to see if I was still a boy, dad was concerned and yep, I was! They asked if I was big but she said "no, he's really little." And wanted to get the doctor right away. Mom & dad were freaking out & scared.
Dr Harpole checked & mom was 2 cm & 50% thinned. She said the placenta wasn't working & I wasn't growing like I should have been b/c I wasn't getting what I needed from the placenta. Therefore, I had to come out. TODAY! She said mom would have eventually started having symptoms like bleeding but it probably would have been too late for me....So they went straight to the hospital. (Thankfully mom had just finished packing their bags, the diaper bag, and put the car seat in the car that day, just to be prepared since we were under a month to go.) Wow, pretty freaky huh?!?
At the hospital, monitors were hooked up & found mom was having contractions, (didn't know it) so no need for the pitocen, but my heartbeat would drop w/each contraction. Dr H said "that's it, we're doing a c-section, be ready by 4." I was born at 4:14PM!
I let everyone know I had arrived by screaming at the top of my lungs & then peed on the nurses! : ) Sprinkler works! I weighed 4lbs 10oz & was 16 3/4in long. Just a widdle guy! But I was strong & fiesty! I got to hang out w/the 'rents for awhile but the nurse wanted to get me checked out. Mommy's glad she did, thanks Nurse Heather. (she had 2 preemies herself, so she knew!) They took me to the NICU & found out I had some blood in my stomach. It was from being stressed in mom's belly. I was hooked up to all kinds of machines & had lots of tubes & wires. It was scary for us but I was a fighter! They said I would probably stay for 10-14 days.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment