Monday, January 12, 2009

2 months old!!

I started smiling last week!! (most babies start around 2 months, but technically I'm 1 month) I'm such a big boy! I smiled first for mom! Then a few more times & showed dad too. I even smiled for Mamaw Clark, Katrina & Haylee. Then I smiled just for my daddy! He was so happy! He thinks I'm a momma's boy! Yeah, I am!!
Two month check up today. I weigh 9lbs 2oz, just 2oz shy of doubling my birth weight! I am 21 1/4in long. Dr J, was surprised by how big I am, she asked if they were feeding me biscuits & gravy! (That's daddy's favorite, he wishes we'd eat breakfast every morning at Mamaw Clark's!) Got my shots today. : ( I cried! It hurt bad. Even made my first real tear!!
I have an umbilical hernia. It's more common in preemies & low birth weight babies, both me! Dr J said no surgery, whew! She said it should eventually go away on it's own. If not, then maybe have surgery when I'm about 5 or so. Here's a link to a website about umbilical hernias if you've never heard of it...you could learn something from me! http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/umbilical-hernia/DS00655

No comments: